Death of Main J. Connine; burial in Oakwood Cemetery, Traverse City.

Charm Stella Marina Pandora Prezzo, Charm Pandora Compatibile Stella Marina Charm Stella Marina Pandora Prezzo, Charm Pandora Compatibile Stella Marina, Charm Stella marina

Judge of Twenty-third Circuit Passed Away at Tawas City.
The community was shocked Monday when word came that Hon. Main J. Connine, judge of the Twenty-third judicial circuit, was dead at Tawas.
The judge had been a sufferer from heart trouble for a year or more and had been advised by specialists that he must take good care of himself. For about ten days prior to his death he had been confined to his rooms at the Iosco Hotel in Tawas City, and on Friday evening, during the Social Club banquet at that hotel he was not permitted by his physician to leave his room. On Monday, however, he felt much better and was at his office during part of the day and on his return to the hotel ate a hearty supper. He retired shortly after supper. The following morning he did not arise and shortly before noon the hotel people became alarmed and conferred with N. C. Hartingh. Mr. Hartingh forced in the door and found the judge dead in his bed, having evidently passed away in his sleep sometime during the night.
Judge Connine was one of the best known men in the three counties comprising the 23rd circuit. He held the office of judge for 15 years, being elevated to the bench on January 1st, 1900. He was born in Lenawee county, Mich., 59 years ago. His early life was spent on a farm. He studied law at Valpariso, Indiana, and finished at the University of Michigan. Prior to his election in 1900 he practiced law at Oscoda and at one time was in partnership with former Judge Tuttle of this circuit. He continued his residence at Oscoda until the big fire of 1911 which destroyed his home and a large part of his personal effects, when he went to Tawas City. He was building a home there when in 1912 his wife died and since that time he occupied apartments at the hotel where he died. He is survived by two sons, Ward and Matthew, both attorneys at Traverse City.
Funeral services will be held today (Thursday) at the court house in Tawas City. They will be conducted under Masonic offices led by Past Master James E. Dillon of the Michigan Grand Lodge F. & A. M. The remains will be taken to Traverse City for burial.

Thursday, March 18, 1915